Monday, September 1, 2008

Canning Season

This is our counter on a daily basis now all the corn We filled the back of Joe's truck with corn, but luckily is sunk down quite a bit and I split it with other people This is my corn (in the girls' swimming pool) to keep it out of the rain until I finish husking it
So, canning season is in full swing here and we have been extremely busy this year and I know it will only get worse. So far this year we have done apricot jam and fruit leather, strawberry jam, freezer blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries, and we are starting the freezer corn. We are expecting to do pickles, tomatoes, freezer carrots and zucchini, potatoes, peaches, pears, grape and plum jam. Boy do I have my work cut out for me.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Wow! You put me to shame! I tried a garden for the first time this year and uh, lets just say it didn't work out to well!!!!!!!!!! I should have called you for advice! Your girls are beautiful!

ang said...

cute cute rain outfits. the other day when we were leaving Prestyn said mom, "Brittyn is the nicest" I had to laugh. How did the corn go. looks like it was fun.