Thursday, November 20, 2008

Surprise Trip To Omaha

All of us after church on Sunday
Michelle, Emma, Renae and I all were on the same flight out of Salt Lake and then we met Marykaye in Denver so we all arrived at the same time.
For my parents 40th wedding anniversary, my dad flew all of us girls home (early, as it is in April) to surprise my mom. Of course, a few days before we got there, she found the Visa bill and knew that we were coming, but pretended that she didn't. We were supposed to go to a Celine Dion concert, but of course she cancelled due to voice reasons so we went to a movie instead. We still had a great time going shopping, going to dinner, and just hanging out. It went by so... fast, but was a great time.
I even did well leaving my kids with a babysitter for the 5 days that I was gone. This is the first time that I have left them and Joe had to work the whole time, so he couldn't watch them. I guess it is a good sign that when your 3 year old cries the entire way home from Blackfoot that she wanted to go back to Angelee's house and not home with me after 5 days! Thanks Angelee for watching my girls and taking such good care of them!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I have been dying to hear how that trip went! How much fun was that???? I bet your girls loved thier time at Ang's.

ang said...

glad to hear about the tears. that makes me feel great cuz i wanted to cry a little too. it took me a few days to get back to my normal routine of only 4 kids. I loved having them, thanks for thinking of me and letting them stay. we love you guys lots.