
My awesome little huckleberry picker. She about filled this bucket herself!

Last weekend was my mom's family reunion up at Heise Hot Springs. Joe was supposed to be able to come on Friday, but ended up having to Boss, so he headed up after work and got there at 4 am Saturday morning. The kids and I did go up on Friday though and had a lot of fun playing with all the cousins and scouting out the huckleberries. The kids and I ended up staying Friday night at my sister's house since a storm rolled in close to bed time and I was not willing to sleep in a tent in the rain by myself with the kids-I can think of many more fun ways to spend my night. We got up Saturday morning and packed lunches and headed back to Heise and to the TONS of waiting huckleberries. We picked for about 3 hours and got a good amount of berries and many of them are the size of blueberries. Brittyn loved picking the huckleberries and kept saying that that was the best day ever. Remington discovered that his little hand fit perfectly into my bucket and he kept helping himself when I had him on my back in his carrier. We kept him entertained by feeding him tons of berries and let him pretend to drive the 4 wheelers. Bailey always keeps herself entertained as long as there is dirt or sand to dig in. I don't know that she actually even picked one berry, but at least she was good the whole time.
1 comment:
so what you are saying is that next time I come, you will make me mom's yummy huckleberry cheesecake ;)
Post a Comment