Friday, July 8, 2011

Abilene

Look how long that tongue is! This summer we decided to do a HUGE trip with the kids (4500 miles in the car). We started off driving 23 hours to Abilene to stay with Joe's parents and see his sister and her family. We took them to the Abilene Zoo where you can feed the Giraffes through the fence. The kids loved it! On the night before we got ready to leave, we thought Joe had gotten food poisoning, so I held off on loading the car to see if he was going to be better by the morning. Good thing I did because, by 11pm he was in the ER with an appendicitis. Luckily he caught it before it ruptured and they did surgery by 6am the next morning. I am very grateful we didn't head for San Antonio like we were going to and be stuck in a hotel room with 3 kids and having to drag them all to the ER in the middle of the night with us while they tried to figure out what was wrong!

No comments: