Thursday, January 14, 2010

Remington's 8 month

Remington is just over 8 months now and still up to many of his same antics (read his 5 month post if you are curious what those are). He still is up every 3 hours in the night and I keep getting up with him since he is only in the 11th percentile averaged for his age group (though he is following his same growth curve) and the doctor wants him to get as many calories as possible. He got weighed today is 15 lbs .09 ounces, so in the last 2 months, he has almost gained 2 pounds so we are on the right track (finally)!! He is doing much better during the day and I can finally get him to take about a 1 1/2 hour nap everyday. He is loving eating "real" food with his 2 bottom teeth and has mastered picking up most little bits of food himself. He really loves avocados, guava, and mangos and really has a strong dislike for anything else green (peas, green beans, broccoli). He loves his jumperoo and hates his exersaucer. I just gave him his 4th major haircut, cutting around 1/2" off this time! He loves to sit up and crawls backward (really just pivots in backward circles), but is starting to fully get up on his hands and knees, so it might be soon (though I wish I could hold him off just a little longer). He loves to have primary songs hummed to him and will snuggle with me only if I am humming to him, which I do often to get those great snuggles. He has discovered his tongue and loves to roll it and to give his variety of kisses. We love him more and more everyday and hopefully he will continue to increase his sleeping times so I can too!

1 comment:

ang said...

holy cow look how cute that boy is. his hair is amazing to me still. good luck with that night thing, i guess you just have to remember this to shall end. That goes for the bad as well as the good.So hang on, before you know it you will have a 10 year old. That is so fun Brittyn gets to do dance. I love watching kids that love to perform.