
that she can cut her own hair and Remingtons too! I literally only left them for 3 minutes, the scissors have been sitting in the basket on the bathroom counter for at least a year, and Brittyn is not the one that I thought would ever do this (Bailey yes). I went out to the freezer in the garage to get some vegetables and Brittyn said, Rem is up, can I go get him? She does this often so I thought nothing of it and said sure. When I walked back in, she said, "I cut Rem's hair." I looked up the staircase at her and discovered that she had also cut off all her bangs also. I instantly started crying. At this point I didn't realize that she had also cut off the back. I didn't know what to do, so I instantly called the AWESOME girl who cuts our hair and she rushed right over to save me. After I called her, I walked into the bathroom to see what the damage was to Remington and found a HUGE pile of long hair and then realized that Brittyn had cut off hers also! Remingtons wasn't so bad, but his fauxhawk that I really loved was now gone. His hair is now shorter than when he was born.
We are all still trying to adjust over a week later to such short hair. Brittyn is the one that cries hysterically when I trim her bangs once a month, so like I said before I didn't expect her to ever attempt something like this. She can only do a couple of things with her hair and doesn't like that I can't braid it. The first day back to preschool she asked if her friends were going to make fun of her and at church she asked if she didn't have to tell people that she is the one that cut her own hair. Joe and I have told her over and over how cute she still is, but she is starting to get that self image thing down and is sad to know that her hair is going to take a long time to grow back. Did I mention that it was estimated that she cut off a good
7 inches!
2 comments:
Yikes!
They both still look adorable! It makes Remmington look so much older! Tell her Ellie and her have similar haircuts. Give her a big hug from us!
Post a Comment