
This is Joe's latest scout. I know he was very sad, and I hate to admit it, but I was too when we sold the last one a couple of years ago when gas prices spiked to over $4/gallon, but this one definitely makes up for all the others he has had. We seem to have a target on our heads when it comes to scouts and this one was no different. This one is all restored and rebuilt except for the transmission, so can you guess what happened? Joe flew to Chattanooga, TN to get this one and planned on driving it back the 1900+ miles to Idaho, but only made it about 300 miles before the transmission went out and top speed was 35 MPH and reverse is also gone now. He took it to a transmission shop in Clarksville, TN and sat in a hotel room there for 2 days, but they would have to order in all the parts and take at least a week to get it fixed. We decided it would be cheaper and get him back to work on time for me to go get him.
This motivated my family and my parents jumped in their car and went to get him. My sister got online for me and rented a car hauler from TN to Omaha as I packed and got ready to meet him in Omaha. My brother-in-law lent me his truck and trailer while they also volunteered to add my 3 kids to their 5 for the weekend and I headed the 1000 miles in a HUGE truck pulling a trailer to go get Joe from Omaha. Let me say, we own 4 wheelers, but I have never amazingly enough pulled a trailer, so it was quite the experience. I got quite a few looks and baffled stares as I would get out to get gas or stop anywhere and be the only one hopping out of this huge truck.
I hear it was quite the experience for my sister to have 8 kids, 6 of whom were 6 and under for the weekend and try to go anywhere especially church! I am definitely grateful for a great family and all the work each one of them put into helping us get this latest scout back to Idaho. This one will be the last one for a LONG LONG time if I have anything to say about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment