Saturday, August 20, 2011

Family Reunion/Huckleberry Picking

This kid LOVES huckleberries and would grab handfuls out of my bucket to eat! This is what he was like if 1. I wasn't feeding him berries, or 2. I was more than 2 inches from him *Notice there are no pictures of Bailey picking huckleberries. Doesn't surprise any of us since she didn't pick last year either. She did do a really good job the 3rd day by entertaining Remington for me while I picked and even found 4 cows in our spot to show Remington. The second weekend in August is always my mom's side family reunion at Heise Hot Springs and this year Joe was able to get 2 days off from work to be able to go. We loaded up the 4 wheelers and all the camping stuff and headed to Heise. Of course one of the other draws for me is the Huckleberry picking and it makes it a lot easier to get to some of the really good spots on the 4 wheelers (it helps since it gets harder and harder to walk really far on the uneven terrain being this pregnant). We were actually able to pick the huckleberries 3 times while we were up there and got the most berries we have ever gotten. Brittyn once again was the champion huckleberry picker by filling her entire container before either Joe or I.

No comments: