Just over a week ago, Joe was walking up the stairs to put Bailey down for her nap and looks over toward our Bay window and notices a rust colored spot on the floor. He asks me if I know what it is and not knowing what he is talking about, I come to investigate. Upon investigation, we discover that our carpet is damp and that the corner on the floor between the left two windows is really wet. As we look up, we notice that the paint looks like it is running so we feel the wall, low and behold, we are somehow getting water into our living room. So we call our insurance company (looks like it will cost A LOT) and have someone come out to investigate (so they can also see that there is water on the floor). They cut out a chunk of wall and feel the ceiling and the drywall is wet-really wet, okay lets say really soft where it turns to mush when you touch it. So, for the past week we have been trying to dry the wall and ceiling out and haven't even begun to be able to find the leak. Just what we wanted when Joe was to start vacation, we were taking our kids camping (different story) and I had just gotten home from Omaha. At the rate we are going, it is going to take a month to dry everything and figure out where the leak is coming from! Did I mention how easy it is to keep my kids, cats, and dogs away from the fun looking plastic surrounding the window, not to mention that it is driving me absolutely nuts not being able to look out my front window! Okay enough about that, I will eventually look at the bright side of this (if there is going to be one)!
No comments:
Post a Comment