Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Remington

He has discovered his tongue and his voice (quieter than screaming) this week and loves both dearly
yeah Remington
Can you believe he has already had his hair trimmed once
This is a normal face if he isn't being held
I cannot believe that we have (and Remington has) almost survived 5 whole months! Why I say that is that I love my baby dearly and sometimes it feels like I am the only one who does, but he is also the most difficult infant that I have ever cared for. If he is not being held, he is usually not happy, though sometimes even when being held he is not a happy boy. We have tried everything that we can think of, family and friends have tried everything, and the doctor is at a loss as to what could possibly be wrong with him. Thinking he might not be getting enough calories in the breast milk or he had an allergy or silent reflux, we have tried soy and nutramigen formula to no avail and are now back on just breast milk. This poor child is just tired in my opinion, maybe that is coming from a VERY sleep deprived mommy and child who is awake 18 hours a day and takes only 2-3 20 minute cat naps a day and is up every hour in the night! We have found one thing he loves, anytime he is on my back and I start the 4 wheeler, he is instantly quiet and content, but it is now heading to winter here, so it won't work much longer. Even though he is difficult, we still love him and can't imagine life without him.

3 comments:

Live Simply Love Strongly said...

Yikes! I have a couple of friends with high needs babies, and I have heard it is quite the task. Have you tried eliminating possible allergens from your diet or just his? My daughter had issues with MSPI for a while and it took me a while to figure it out. I also had a friend whose son was super fussy and she took him to the chiropractor and it made a huge difference. The poor baby was no aligned well due to positioning in birth and was in pain. Just a few additional things to consider if you haven't :) Some kids are just like that...thank goodness you have a carrier for him, that is such a great thing when a baby wants to be held! Hang it there!

Goodman Family said...

What a patient momma you are! He is lucky to have you.

Ryan Haywood Olds said...

LOOK AT THAT HAIR! I think it's great! What a good little boy he is!