Sunday, March 16, 2008

Artichokes

Brittyn showing how messy her hands were with the lemon butter sauce Her chewed up leaves Bailey with an entire leaf in her mouth
Brittyn was so excited for dinner because I told her we were having Artichokes! She is such a big girl that she wanted to eat the artichoke herself. Joe and I were just watching her and laughing so hard. Take a look at the leaves--she was trying to eat the entire thing! I am just glad the I trimmed them and that she didn't get the poky part at the end! She loved her artichokes so much and Bailey was intently watching Brittyn, that Brittyn offered some to Bailey. Because Joe and I were laughing so hard and Bailey had watched Brittyn, she too was putting the entire leaf in her mouth and eating it. She then would dispose of it on the floor (what 15 month old wouldn't). We also discovered that we have a cat (Woody) and a dog (Mo) who like artichoke leaves (maybe they were so hard up for human food that they were willing to eat anything, I don't know)!

No comments: