Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Rough 2 Weeks

We have had a ROUGH 2 weeks at our house. It started with the puddle of water that I found on the laundry room floor when I went to do laundry. I checked where it was coming from and sure enough our WATER HEATER was leaking. Well, the people who had the house before us, put it in in May 2004, so it was less than 4 YEARS old! That happened 2 weeks ago Thursday. It had a warranty on it, so we called to use it, but NO ONE in Pocatello will touch a Home Depot warranty. Our only two choices were to fix it ourselves or get a new one. We opted to get a new one. Then on Sunday night two weeks ago, I went to do a load of laundry and then went back upstairs. Joe and I both smelled something burning and went to INVESTIGATE. We found the source, my WASHER! This also had a warranty on it (it's less than 2 1/2 years old) so we called on this one. It took 5 days (Friday) before anyone even came to LOOK at my washer because the contractor (for Lowe's this time) was out of Blackfoot (a measly 22 miles) and wouldn't come to Pocatello until they had at least 2 jobs to do. Why should I have to wait for someone else's washer to break! So, they came to look at it and the pully had disintegrated and my transmission was leaking oil. They have to get it approved over a certain amount of money and Lowe's has been in meetings/training on Monday and Tuesday. Finally on THURSDAY I got an answer out of them that they would be authorizing me to get a NEW washer and I should hear from them in a day or two. Of course it is now the weekend and I have yet to hear from Lowe's. Hence the pictures above--Brittyn got to experience her first time at the Laundry Mat and helped me do laundry (she only came because I was taking her blankets to wash and she didn't want them out of her sight).
AND the kicker is that Joe also needs a new battery for his MOTORCYCLE that we have barely had for 2 years. Does nothing last these days!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Goodman Family said...

Okay ya when it rains it pours at your house. So sorry to hear about your washer, water heater and Joe's motorcycle. Seems like you are in good spirits though...!