Grumpy Bailey storming off to who knows where :)
Brittyn
Brittyn, Bailey and Joe
Bailey, Joe and Brittyn
Remington (if you look really close, you can just see his face sticking out of the carrier) and Camille
Joe and Remington
We were really loaded!
Brittyn riding her bike in the campground
Since Joe had a week of vacation this last week, he convinced me it would be fun to take our kids camping. Yes, we took a 6 1/2 week old baby up into the mountains camping in a tent. If anyone knows me, I am not exactly opposed to camping, I would just like for there to be clean bathrooms, showers, and not a lot of dirt, and I don't really like sleeping in a tent! Anyway, we looked online and asked around and found somewhere close to take the kids that had all of the above and we could also take the 4 wheelers to ride. We left Monday afternoon after deciding to go and not go and then to finally go (we have the water leak issue remember!). So Monday night was HORRIBLE, but not as bad as Tuesday night-we got to the camp ground around 6, set up camp and then went swimming until 9 pm. After that, we started dinner-we didn't eat until 11:30 because the wood we took was hard wood and didn't give a very good fire with much heat (it felt like it took an hour to cook hot dogs for the girls). Tuesday we went on over 12 miles or so of county roads and up into the mountains on a 4 wheeler ride. That was absolutely beautiful and enjoyable. Then comes bed time--Remington was up the ENTIRE night. Joe was out walking around with him to keep him quiet after I had exhausted everything I knew of to try to keep him quiet so he wouldn't wake our tent neighbors (the girls luckily slept through the whole night and didn't get up until 10:30 the next morning). Wednesday we spent the entire day swimming and Remington cried for about 3 hours straight-poor kid I missed one small spot on his nose with sunscreen so he has a little burn! I feel absolutely horrible!!! Wednesday night was great for sleeping and I actually got to sleep more than 5 minutes at a time. Joe asked me how I thought it went and if I was willing to try it again--being as worn out as I am at this point, I actually told him it wasn't too bad and I might do it again (though not anytime this summer)!**On a positive note, the girls are now comfortable in the water to float in their floaties without clinging to Joe or I, so they are not as afraid of the water as I am**


2 comments:
Oh my! Camille, i love your blog background. Its great to get in touch again. Your girls have grown so much and your little boy is so cute!!
I think Joe has grown abit too!!
I will keep in touch this way.
Later...
wow! You are a tropper! I think we would have left at midnight the first night!
Post a Comment